Today is my 25th birthday and to celebrate on the blog I decided to write a list of 25 things I did before turning 25!
I nearly didn’t write this post because it felt way too much like tooting my own horn but then I thought one of the main reasons I keep this blog is so that in the future I can look back on all of the things I’ve done and the reflections I’ve had so I decided why the heck not.
I got this idea from Notes from Joana’s post on why you should write a reverse bucket list (a list of things you have already achieved).
When I first heard of a reverse bucket list I did think it was a weird idea but something compelled me to write one anyway and it actually made me feel so grateful for all of the opportunities and experiences I’ve been able to have in life so far!
Anyway, here is my list of 25 things I did before I turned 25 (roughly in order):
- Learnt how to play the piano
- Got a trophy for athletics
- Had a piece of art in the Christchurch art gallery
- Did Irish dancing for eight years
- Was a school librarian at primary school
- Was a flower girl
- Went to finals for high jump and sprints
- Got baptised
- Became a Sunday School teacher
- Got my ears pierced twice
- Went to three international Christian youth camps
- Got a degree
- Became an Aunty
- Moved cities
- Started a blog
- Bought a camera
- Did the Tongariro crossing (for someone who literally never tramps/hikes this is a big one for me!)
- Had a date in New York
- Got married
- Went snorkelling
- Was a bridesmaid three times
- Moved out of my admin role
- Learnt to use my camera in manual
- Was photographer for a photoshoot at work (have another one coming up too!)
- Got a henna tattoo
I definitely recommend writing your own reverse bucket list! And of course all praise and thanks to God for the experiences I’ve had in life so far.
P.S The cover photo was made out of weeds from our garden. I’m sure the people in the park below our house wondered why a girl in her pyjamas ripped a weed bush out to take inside this morning!